Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Once you've called us and we've inspected your property, the process of restoration can begin. For this step, we remove the excess water. We use water extractors that pump the water out of the affected areas. Our commercial grade extractors remove hundreds or thousands of gallons of water quickly and allow us to mitigate damage from all rooms of the home or business that we are working in. In our experience, this can be something as small as some soaked carpet to inches and inches of water rising from the floor. We can begin this process fast since we are located in San Diego and can be within any property within the hour.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Chula Vista can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.